CD4024 belongs to the 4000 Series CMOS Logic Family of Integrated Circuits (IC’s) constructed with N- and P-channel enhancement mode transistors. CD4024 has 7-stage Binary Counter
CD4024 has a supply voltage range of 5V to 20V, which is much higher than any contemporary logic family. It has buffered output which improves transfer characteristics by providing very high gain. All inputs are protected against static discharge with diodes to VDD and VSS.
- Wide supply voltage range: 3.0V to 15V
- High noise immunity: 0.45 VDD (Typ.)
- Low power TTL compatibility: Fan out of 2 driving 74L or 1 driving 74LS
- High speed: 12 MHz (Typ.)
- input pulse rate VDD − VSS = 10V
- Fully static operation
Absolute Maximum Ratings
- DC Supply Voltage Range, (VDD): -0.5V to +18V (Voltage Referenced to VSS Terminals)
- Input Voltage Range, All Inputs: -0.5V to VDD +0.5V
- Storage Temperature Range (TSTG): -65oC to +150oC
- Lead Temperature (During Soldering): +265oC
- At Distance 1/16 ± 1/32 Inch (1.59mm ± 0.79mm) from case for 10s Maximum
CD4024 Pinout Diagram
CD4024 Pin Description
|Pin No||Pin Name||Description|
|1||IN PULSE||Input Pulse Pin|
|3||Q7||Binary Counter Output Pin 7|
|4||Q6||Binary Counter Output Pin 6|
|5||Q5||Binary Counter Output Pin 5|
|6||Q4||Binary Counter Output Pin 4|
|9||Q3||Binary Counter Output Pin 3|
|11||Q2||Binary Counter Output Pin 2|
|12||Q1||Binary Counter Output Pin 1|
- Frequency counters.
- Digital clocks.
- Analog to digital convertors.
CD4024 Alternative Equivalent
Download CD4024 7-stage Binary Counter Datasheet from the link given below.