MQ4 High Sensitivity Gas Methane (CNG) Detector Sensor Module is a simple to use MQ-4 High Sensitivity Gas Methane (CNG) Detector Sensor Module which can sense the presence of Compressed Natural Gas(CNG), methane(CH4), etc in the air. The module uses our MQ-4 sensor. It simplifies the interface to the odd pin spacing of the sensor and provides the interface through standard 4 x 0.1″ header pins. It provides an analog output corresponding to the concentration of the gases in the air and an easy-to-use digital output. The onboard potentiometer can be used to set the maximum gas concentration beyond which the digital output gets triggered. Just power the module with 5V set the threshold and you can start getting the gas concentration of the air around the sensor! An onboard LED signals the presence of any gas.
The digital output can be easily interfaced with microcontrollers and other circuits. The analog output can be hooked up to an ADC of a microcontroller to get a wide range of sensor readings. This is a simple-to-use compressed natural gas (CNG) sensor, suitable for sensing natural gas (composed of mostly Methane [CH4]) concentrations in the air. The MQ-4 can detect natural gas concentrations anywhere from 200 to 10000ppm
- Signal Output Indicator
- Dual Signals Output (analog output and TTL output)
- The TTL Output Signal is low level, allows to connect with SCM directly
- Analog Output 0~5V Voltage
- High Sensitivity
- Long Working Life and Stable Performance
- Quick Response and Recovery
|Pin Name||Pin Description|
|VCC||This pin powers the module, typically the operating voltage is +5V|
|GND||Used to connect the module to the system ground|
|Digital Out (DO)||You can also use this sensor to get digital output from this pin, by setting a threshold value using the potentiometer|
|Analog Out (AO)||This pin outputs 0-5V analog voltage based on the intensity of the gas|
|Model No||MQ-4 sensor|
|Working voltage||DC 3~5V|
- Natural gas leak detection: The MQ4 High Sensitivity Gas Methane Detector Sensor is commonly used for detecting methane gas leaks in residential, commercial, or industrial settings. It can help prevent potential accidents or hazards by providing early warning of methane gas leaks.
- Gas monitoring in kitchens: The module can be installed in kitchens, especially those using natural gas or methane as a fuel source, to monitor gas leaks. It can trigger alarms or shut off gas supplies when methane levels exceed safe thresholds, ensuring kitchen safety.
- Industrial safety: The MQ4 sensor module is employed in industrial environments to monitor methane gas levels. It can be integrated into safety systems that protect workers from exposure to methane gas in factories, refineries, or chemical plants.
Download the Datasheet of the MQ4 Gas Methane Detector Sensor from the link given below.