MQ-6 Liquefied Petroleum isobutane propane gas Sensor Module. This sensor has high sensitivity and fast response time. The sensor’s output is an analog resistance. The drive circuit is very simple; all you need to do is power the heater coil with 5V, add a load resistance, and connect the output to an ADC.
The sensitive material of the MQ-6 gas sensor is SnO2, which with lower conductivity in clean air. When the target combustible gas exists, The sensor’s conductivity is higher along with the gas concentration rising. Please use a simple electro circuit, Convert the change of conductivity to the corresponding output signal of gas concentration.
MQ-6 gas sensor has a high sensitivity to Propane, Butane, and LPG, and also a response to Natural gas. The sensor could be used to detect different combustible gas, especially Methane, it is low-cost and
suitable for different application
- Indication of the Signal Output
- Dual Signal Output (analog output, and TTL level output)
- The TTL Output signal is low. (When low output signal light, and can be connected directly to the microcontroller)
- 0 ~ 5V Analog Output Voltage, the higher the concentration, the higher the voltage
- High Sensitivity to Hydrogen
- Can be Resistant to Ethanol Steam, LPG (petroleum), Smoke Interference
- Has a long life and Reliable Stability
- Fast Response and Recovery Characteristics
|Pin Name||Pin Description|
|Vcc||This pin powers the module, typically the operating voltage is +5V|
|Ground||Used to connect the module to the system ground|
|Digital Out||You can also use this sensor to get digital output from this pin, by setting a threshold value using the potentiometer|
|Analog Out||This pin outputs 0-5V analog voltage based on the intensity of the gas|
|Dimensions||36 x 20 x 22 mm(LxWxH)|
- Domestic gas leakage detector
- Industrial Combustible gas detector
- Portable gas detector
Download the Datasheet of the MQ6 Gas Sensor from the link given below.